Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Electric Motorcycles ~ I want one or two :)

For the energy "crisis" I believe that electricity is the answer.  The reason for this belief is simple and probably is the same for everyone else, the sources for electricity are many.  Hydrogen is one of the means of producing electricity that I hope finds it's means and becomes the norm.  That way I simply will not need to plug my damn vehicles in for extended periods of time.  I have a difficult enough time remembering to plug in my cell phone on a regular basis.

However, that does not stop me from wanting one of each of the neat little electric toys I just read about this morning.  KTM's awesome little electric dirt bike for starters.  Check out the video and then get back to me.  It's alright, I'll wait.

I guess since I was nice enough to just post the video here for you, you didn't need to leave but I waited for you to watch it anyways.  Super Fun isn't it?  I definitely want one.  And I think I would ride it all over town too just to see how long I could get away with it.  

So, what about the other electric motorcycle that I want?  Well, there is a company out of California offering electric motorcycles next February which you can read all about them on their site here.  But the look of the 'Energica' is more my style and desire.  It looks fantastic.  CRP racing unveiled it and they could have done a little better marketing with more attractive women but the bike itself looks great enough so I guess that was their angle.  Read about the 'Energica' and see a couple pictures of it HERE.

Alright, that's all for that.  Have an absolutely great week and start invested in technologies of tomorrow if you can.  

James

2 comments:

  1. What about Brammo? They're located in Ashland, won the most recent US TTXGP electric motorcycle grand prix, innovated the 6-speed transmission for electric motorcycles, and are offering a 100+ mile range and 100+ mph sportbike model for next year. I'm thrilled that there's so much happening in the world of electric motorcycles, too, and these electric KTM dirtbikes look awesome!

    -Graham

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Graham. Very good question. I definitely want to support local business and so it should have been the one I mentioned and failed :( Thank you for bringing it up. I've even seen one of these riding around Ashland. They currently don't show anything for the style of bike that they won the TTXGP with and that's unfortunate but I will do an entire post about them sometime in the next couple weeks. Thanks Again :)

    ReplyDelete