Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Heaven

Been working a bit lately and also feeling extremely tired so that's why I haven't gotten here to write anything new.  However, I have a day off today (only one this week) and I came upon something I decided I wanted to write about.

I'm not one of those people who really enjoys watching the news but every time I open my browser I like to look through the headlines and when something catches my attention I check it out.  Today there was a story about a young boy, 11 years old, who at the age of 4 had his appendix burst and wasn't noticed for like 5 days and when they realized there were some issues, he was taken to the hospital but his chances looked bad.  Apparently, he "died" during this process because he says he was in "Heaven" sitting on Jesus' lap.  The young boy saw his sister in heaven (she was never born, she was a miscarriage that Mom and Dad never told this young man about) and also his Great Grandpa (on his dads side apparently).  This whole thing turned into a book, which I am thinking about getting, called "Heaven is for Real".

I have some very unorthodox beliefs but no matter what my beliefs are, this to me is an  amazingly beautiful story.  And it also is a somewhat familiar story to me as well.  I've discussed my childhood in regards to my father situation but I never mentioned how my "oma and ota" were such a very large part of turning me into the man I am.  For a time period (the amount of years I am unsure) I lived with them instead of my mom.  I looked up to them and I still believe my Grandma was the most wonderful woman in the world to this day.  But what I want to talk about comes from my ota.  He, a few times, had told me a story under the pretenses of proving to me that heaven was real, about how his father, at a very old age, was lying on his death bed and he and his mother were both there in the room (not sure who else).  His father passed away and his mom pounded on his chest in frustration begging him not to leave her yet.  After a minute, or roundabout, he did come back to life and he asked her why she did that.  He explained that he had been in heaven and it was so beautiful.  Why did she bring him back?  My Grandpa (ota) explained it very seriously and said that it was how he knew without a doubt that heaven existed.  His father lived for a little time longer but when he passed, I believe his story of heaven helped all his loved ones deal with the loss and possibly, as I believe it should for all of us, made them happy that he left one life to start his eternal life. 

One last short little story.  Last night I was talking to a wonderful woman who has attached her life to a man that I had given up on.  This man is a family member of mine and has chosen a path in life that is very hurtful to not only him but to many others and has spent lots of time behind bars because of it.  She turned to me for some advice which I am always all to willing to give my opinion even though I think I'm a bit crazy.  And through the discussions she gave me a huge compliment that made my heart smile.  My crazy, unusual beliefs were shared and somehow out of it she says, "right on i have never thought of it that way. you know i really like talking to you it is nice t talk to a person that makes things better makes people feel good about themselves."  It made me very warm inside and I hope that I have that effect on others in my life down my path.

Thanks for reading,
James

No comments:

Post a Comment