Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Aaaaay!!! ~ The Fonz

Below is my original post in regards to the TR5 Triumph going up for auction and the reason I am re-awakening the post is because I just got word that the very same bike is going up for auction....again? Does anyone know what happened? Did it not fetch what they wanted, did it sell and the new owner has decided to see if he can turn it around for a little extra by adding the information that it was previously owned by Bud Ekins who was Steve McQueens good friend? I'm at a loss and will now be researching to see if I can find out. If you have any information, I would greatly appreciate it if you helped me out.  :) 

Thanks,  James

The Fonz from "Happy Days" was one of those iconic figures that sometimes makes me wonder how?  lol  He was just simple and "cool" and of course it helps that he was a biker ;)

Well apparently they are going to be auctioning off the motorcycle he rode on the show next month.  It doesn't run but it's a very famous 1949 Triumph Trophy TR5 ridden by Henry Winkler as Fonzie in the sitcom show "Happy Days".

The bike on topic has not been ridden since 1984 and has been collecting dust for the last 15 years with a broken speedometer.  Poor thing.  Hope it will find a great home where someone will take care of it, fix it up and make it all pretty again  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment