Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tourmaster Synergy Gear Review

I'm not in a good financial position in life to try lots of different gear and accessories and give reviews on them but since it's something I eventually want to get to the point of doing I will start with some of the products that I have already tried.  I'm not a writer, or employed by anyone other than myself.  I am simple and fair and will review every product with the most understanding and real review I can.

The Synergy gloves that I have are a little too tight.  My hand measures 200mm/7-7/8" from the tip of my middle finger to the point right at the first line of the wrist.  The gloves I have are size Large/10.  If your hand was about 10 mm shorter than it would probably be properly snug.
The Velcro strapping is well placed and functional allowing you to get it to feel secure and the extra "sleeve" aspect is very nice for closing in the heat.
The heating is amazing and feels very uniform and in my opinion very much out does the Gerbing gloves that I also have but at least they fit (A little too big but doable).

The Synergy Jacket fits well at Large/44 but it would be really nice if it was just a little bit longer from neck to waist.  I'm 6'2 and not overweight at 205 and if I went up to the 46 I probably would have better length but I feel that it would then not fit around me as well.
Again the heating works very well.  Uniform and not to drastic.  At first it feels hot as it is getting up to temp but then just seems to smooth out and doesn't even feel like it's on but I'm not cold.  Tourmaster did a great job on this product line.

Same goes for the pants.  Great products at a fair price.  Very much recommend for anyone brave enough to endure the cold weather like I am.  And yes, I have ridden on the snow and in very cold temperatures on my R1.  Without the heated gear turned on it does a great job just as cold weather gear as well.  I've ridden in 40 degrees without it on and was fairly comfortable.  Great products!!!

I still need to try the socks and will be very excited to do so.  Have they made a Balaclava with heated neck area yet?  :)

Please post up any comments in regards to your impressions or reviews of the same product.

James

No comments:

Post a Comment