Monday, October 24, 2011

RIP Simoncelli MotoGP's rising star

It was so extremely difficult to watch Marcos crash and I can only imagine how horrific it is for both Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi.  I got fairly emotional after seeing it and still have a hard time accepting that it really happened and wasn't just a bad dream.  Extremely unfortunate and definitely wish it didn't happen.

However, what really pisses me off is all of the talks and discussions of how it raises questions into the safety of Motorsports.  Many are saying that after the two separate deaths of both Dan Wheldon and Marco Simoncelli that safety is of great concern.  Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?!?!  I can understand many of the discussions of the situation with Dan Wheldon referring to the fact that the specific race that had many "Noobs" racing because of a current lack of skill required in an open tire race at a full out 220 MPH around the entire track.  But the instance involving Marco in the MotoGP race is nothing like that.  I'm glad they will be reviewing the incident but it's pretty simple to see that it was a freak accident and very rare.

It is very rare for these types of things to occur and it would be nice if they never did but if it were me, I would much prefer to lose my life in a pursuit of my passion over many other options that I hear about much more often.  Let's see, walking across the street and not being noticed, heart attack because I was too fat and lazy to keep myself healthy, getting cancer and not discovering it till it was too late.  SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT THE SAFETY SHIT.  It was a horrible incident but safety in both of these cases and throughout the motorsports world is handled very well and should not be under such scrutiny.

RIP to both of you amazing gentleman and may I have the pleasure to one day have a fraction of the success that you had in yours in mine or my children's life.  You were both special and I definitely will always look up to you.

James  

No comments:

Post a Comment