Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Damaged Finger?

Big Congratulations to Casey Stoner in clinching the 2011 MotoGP Championship.  What an amazing racer he is and he definitely deserves the title.  Phenomenal race to watch as far as being dramatic too.  Got myself pumped up a bit.

Very disappointed in Jorge Lorenzo however.  It's difficult to believe that after hurting one of his fingers on his left hand that he couldn't still race.  I don't know all circumstances but just feel that the effort was lacking.  Part of me questions if he didn't simply puss out due to the fact that Casey Stoner has been able to consistently dominate him and attempts at taking back the Championship felt futile.  I surely hope not.  The idea of it just infuriates me.  Being a Yamaha fan as I am, I'm also frustrated with the misfortune of both Factory Yamaha riders being completely out of the race at Phillip Island.  Seems that Ben Spies was able to ride decently well after his fall but I'm sure the issue is the sustained race time.  Very unfortunate instances in both cases.

I was really expecting much better racing this year with the line-up but with Casey dominating so much and Jorge seemingly the only one to be able to stay somewhat close, I feel that we as fans have been slightly cheated.  Hopefully, next year with the change to 1000cc bikes will be a little bit more fulfilling on the side of competition.  It's an amazing sport and I'm hoping that others will catch on to that fact and the popularity rises and we can enjoy some great action filled motorcycle racing.

Excited to see how next week goes.  Goodnight.

James

No comments:

Post a Comment